NEW HAVEN, CT — Health professionals who specialize in the treatment of pediatric cancer overwhelmingly support medical cannabis as a therapeutic option, according to survey data published in the journal Pediatrics. A team of investigators surveyed the positions of 288 pediatric oncology providers in Illinois, Massachusetts, and Washington. Ninety-two percent of respondents reported their “willingness to help children with cancer […]
OLYMPIA, WA — The regulation of adult cannabis use in Washington is not associated with any increase in teens’ marijuana consumption or abuse rates, according to a report to the state legislature compiled by researchers at the Washington State Institute for Public Policy. Authors reported that rates of current marijuana use and lifetime marijuana use have fallen among […]
Lawmakers consider hemp plant extract for treatment in rare childhood disorder
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — For nearly a decade, Brandy Barrett has been fighting for her son Noah's health. More specifically, his healing. “He was born a typical, healthy little baby boy,” said Barrett. But at 6 months old, Noah suffered the first of …
Read more on wlfi.com
Eco/Green: Industrial Hemp Key To Jumpstarting Developing Economies
Hemp has the ability to grow in the most nutrient depleted soil, and within a year is able to replenish soil with nutrients that will allow for the growth of crops the next year. Also the hemp can then be used to make threads that can make the mosquito …
Read more on INSCMagazine (blog)
Hemp Supporters To Congress: Legalize It
While many associate hemp with marijuana, the two are quite different. Unlike marijuana, industrial hemp has a low concentration of THC — the chemical component which gives pot its power. With just 0.3 percent THC at its dried weight, hemp is simply …
Read more on Huffington Post
Smoking is the practice of tasting or inhaling the vapor given out by substances like tobacco, opium or cannabis when burnt. Combustion of these substances release nicotine that is absorbed into the lungs. Smoking is actually a recreational drug use and a tobacco addict does enough harm to his or her health. Smoking, in other words, is a deadly habit. It increases the risk of lung cancer, oral cancer, bronchitis, asthma, tuberculosis, heart attack, COPD, erectile dysfunction, birth defects etc. Cigarette is the most common smoking tool. Some people also use loose tobacco and rolling paper to make hand rolled cigarettes. The other smoking tools are pipes, bongs, hookahs, cigars, bidis and vaporizers.
Smokers can be of 2 types: active smokers and passive smokers. People who are addicted to smoking are active smokers. Passive smokers are people who do not smoke but breathe in the air or vapor exhaled by the person who is smoking. Both are equally harmed. People are slowly becoming aware of the hazardous effect of smoking on health and are trying desperately to curb smoking. The efforts to quit smoking often become useless because of withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, increased pulse rate, irritability etc. Here are some quit smoking home remedies to combat withdrawal symptoms and help people out.
1. Take 1 teaspoon honey twice daily. It helps to get rid of tobacco addiction
2. Take grape seed extracts in ample amount daily. This repairs the lung damage caused by smoking.
3. Mix two tablespoon baking soda in a glass of water and sip the solution with every meal. This will help you quit smoking
4. Chew licorice stick if you feel the urge to smoke.
5. Drink glassful orange juice twice daily. Its acidic nature helps to fight nicotine addiction
6. Extract juice of grated radish, mix with 2 teaspoon honey and take. This is an effective quit smoking home remedy.
7. Drinking of glassful grape juice helps you to give up smoking.
8. Chew on a clove after smoking. This will stop you from lighting up another.
9. Eating a carrot would help you check the cravings for smoking.
10. Drink valerian tea or passion flower tea to get rid of the habit of smoking
11. Slowly chew the chopped dried root of sweet flag. This helps you to manage withdrawal symptoms and makes quitting easier.
12. Take the herb oat straw. It works amazingly as a quit smoking remedy.
13. Use vinegar as a room freshener. Spray it in your room to expel the scent of smoke. This will stop you from wishing to smoke.
14. Suck 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper slowly. This will reduce your urge to smoke.
Read more Home Remedies for Quit Smoking. Also know useful Home Remedies for Sinus Infection. Read effective Home Remedies for Heartburn.
‘More Research Is Needed, But Difficult to Fund Due to Stigma, Experts Say’
This GMA clip features the use of cannabis as a treatment for autism.
Hester-Perez made her decision to try giving her 10-year-old son, Joey Perez, medical marijuana after his weight had become dangerously low due to his unwillingness to eat. She said that at the time she began the approach, he weighed only 46 pounds.
“You could see the bones in his chest. He was going to die,” she said.
“The marijuana balanced my son,” said Hester-Perez, noting that she has never used marijuana herself. “My son had self-injurious behaviors. He was extremely aggressive, he would run out of our house… he was a danger to himself and others.”
But just hours after she gave him one of the pot-infused brownies, she said she could see a change — both in his appetite and demeanor.
“Within hours, he requested foods we had never seen him eat before,” said Hester-Perez.
Learn more at: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AutismNews/mother-son-marijuana-treat-autism/story?id=9153881&page=1
Dr Christina Sanchez explains HER WORK…I do not own the rights to this video….I pass it along as information. Please watch responsibly.
Video Rating: 5 / 5